Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Your First Impressions!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Corner View Post
    Is there a way to change the size of the game screen? It's too big for my laptop's screen as it is now, and I have to scroll up and down to see everything.

That annoyance aside, the game seems promising so far (I'll try to write a more detailed report later). I'm doing my best to judge it for what it is, and not be like "Man, they set aside COQ for this. This game better rock on toast!"
    If you right-click and pick "go fullscreen", I'm pretty sure it will rescale to a small resolution. Not necessarily ideal, but it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Unormal View Post
    If you right-click and pick "go fullscreen", I'm pretty sure it will rescale to a small resolution. Not necessarily ideal, but it should work.
    That worked! Thank you.

I didn't feel like clogging up the SA thread with this giant wall of text of mostly stream of consciousness (also wasn't sure if posting screenshots was kosher) from my first 2 hours with the beta, so I'm posting it here instead:

I didn't do much decoration of my village, but I did try placing a bridge. Its actual location when the placement is confirmed is not where it shows that it should be so it took a while to place properly. I also placed a scarecrow which had some strange visual bug where there were several scarecrows kinda vibrating ontop of eachother, but that went away after I did something in a menu.

Lightning sound effects are super loud compared to everything else. There was also no music aside from a certain bit during a cutscene at some point, don't know if that's a bug or if you guys just haven't put any music in yet.

Health shrines and the end of dungeon portals are white on the minimap which is the same color as the walls which can be kind of annoying.

At one point a shrine blocked the only path to a section of the level. The stairs weren't in there so no big deal that time.

When selecting the Rumakko (or whatever his name is) gem reward there is a typo: there's no space between "a" and the item name.

At one point in Ghostfen (I think the name is) the minimap showed two downstairs, one right next to the other diagonally. In the gamespace one was a normal downstairs, and the other was an invisible unkillable enemy that couldn't move or attack.

Bizarro Cloghead's portrait is a blue slime, and his name is Blue_Slime. I guess this is past the "first few dungeons" point

Buying firewhip fangs caused the other purchasable items to vibrate up and down rapidly until I closed the menu. They're also not at all fangs (nor are capes capes) but I think you all know this given the vampire's (rad) mspaint ability icons.

Eventually I ran into a dude named Sapius and when I hit him he duplicated himself and repeated his opening speech. He did this forever so I decided to duplicate him and fill the map until I got bored and went downstairs, which caused me to go into an infinite loading screen.

Vampires seemed really good. Archers didn't gel with me. Warrior and farmer were okay. Didn't try much thief but I don't think I liked him. Haven't tried getting past Sapius a second time yet so I haven't gotten to wizards if they're in a playable state.

I never made a log because I forgot about them entirely. Whoops.

I'll play some more tomorrow, give Zenith (I think is the dungeon's name) another go to see if Sapius always gets weird or if i messed something up. Maybe clear a dungeon or two with all the classes and try to grind out all the village improvements to see if it causes something to explode into multiple copies of itself and vibrate again.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback & bug reporting!

I've really enjoyed the game from the moment I started playing. Playing on normal difficulty, I feel there hasn't quite been the challenge I'd like coming from a bunch or previous roguelikes. This may pick up in later levels, or when/if a hard mode becomes available.

A few things I picked up from my first play session on PC:

- Unlocking the thief class shows a picture of the archer.

- Stealth notifier is obscured by the UI at 1920x1080 resolution:
    Capture.jpg

- Thief's skill screen duplicates text for Hide in Shadows level 2:
    Capture2.jpg

- Special attacks (fire proc, etc) on bows apply to archer melee too. This may be intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by PhreddPewter View Post
    I've really enjoyed the game from the moment I started playing. Playing on normal difficulty, I feel there hasn't quite been the challenge I'd like coming from a bunch or previous roguelikes. This may pick up in later levels, or when/if a hard mode becomes available.
    Thanks for the reports! I'll get them fixed up.

The difficulty ramps up quite a bit in later levels; the early levels are built to serve as a (fun) introduction to the genre for people who've never played, so if you've experienced a lot of other roguelikes then the early levels will probably not be the most difficult roguelike experience of your life. (but should at least be fun )

Hi, I noticed on iOS (iPad/iPhone) Sproggiwood kinda supports external MFi Game controllers, such as Madcatz C.T.R.L.i or MOGA Rebel.
    However the inputs are all messed up when you come to configure the controls, all the inputs show different icons..like pressing the A,B,X,Y buttons they show up as D-Pad Direction icons?? or L1 or R1 shoulder button icons??, it all gets very very confusing very quickly.. also the A,B,X,Y buttons are all the wrong colors..it seems the iOS Build is a setup for an Android controller...Is there an update in the works to fix this as i believe it will play great with an MFi controller. (MFi Controllers are the "official" Apple standard)

Quote Originally Posted by MFiGamer View Post
    Hi, I noticed on iOS (iPad/iPhone) Sproggiwood kinda supports external MFi Game controllers, such as Madcatz C.T.R.L.i or MOGA Rebel.
    However the inputs are all messed up when you come to configure the controls, all the inputs show different icons..like pressing the A,B,X,Y buttons they show up as D-Pad Direction icons?? or L1 or R1 shoulder button icons??, it all gets very very confusing very quickly.. also the A,B,X,Y buttons are all the wrong colors..it seems the iOS Build is a setup for an Android controller...Is there an update in the works to fix this as i believe it will play great with an MFi controller. (MFi Controllers are the "official" Apple standard)
    Yeah, I just never tried one prior to release, it wasn't a launch target; but I've got one coming in the mail. I'd like to add iOS keyboard + MFi controller support in 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Unormal View Post
    Yeah, I just never tried one prior to release, it wasn't a launch target; but I've got one coming in the mail. I'd like to add iOS keyboard + MFi controller support in 1.3
    Thnx for the quick reply, looking forward to the update , if you need any external testers for MFi Controller implementation drop us a line we offer this service free to any Game Dev's who want to support the MFi Standard.
    Thnx,
    Admin: http://www.mfi4.gamerz.co

Quote Originally Posted by MFiGamer View Post
    Thnx for the quick reply, looking forward to the update , if you need any external testers for MFi Controller implementation drop us a line we offer this service free to any Game Dev's who want to support the MFi Standard.
    Thnx,
    Admin: http://www.mfi4.gamerz.co
    Cool, I'll drop in when I get my controller!