Thread: Multiple Save Profiles On iPad?

Multiple Save Profiles On iPad?

Will the iPad version get multiple save profiles?

I ask because I got the game today and played a short session while my niece watched me play. We both fell in love with it instantly and she wanted to play on the same iPad after I finished my session. After exiting the game and restarting it, to my surprise the only options are "continue" and "new game". I suspected that my saved game would delete and be replaced if I selected "new game", but I wanted my niece to get some enjoyment out of it too so we went ahead and selected "new game". As I expected my game save was lost and replaced by the new game. It would be very convenient if we can each have our own save files on the same device. I understand the game just launched on iOS(iPad), but it's a bummer that it doesn't have multiple save profiles. At the moment I'm letting my niece play it with her own save file. I feel left out, but since she's a child who's completely in love with Sproggiwood, as the adult I don't want to take the enjoyment of the game away from her. I'm letting her keep her save, and I guess I just have to wait for now. It would be awesome and very convenient if we could both have our own save profiles and not have to worry about deleting/replacing each other's data/save. That way I could start enjoying the game as well. Will you guys be adding multiple save profiles for iPad or will it stay the way it is?
    Last edited by GGodHand; 05-30-2015 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GGodHand View Post
    Will the iPad version get multiple save profiles?

I ask because I got the game today and played a short session while my niece watched me play. We both fell in love with it instantly and she wanted to play on the same iPad after I finished my session. After exiting the game and restarting it, to my surprise the only options are "continue" and "new game". I suspected that my saved game would delete and be replaced if I selected "new game", but I wanted my niece to get some enjoyment out of it too so we went ahead and selected "new game". As I expected my game save was lost and replaced by the new game. It would be very convenient if we can each have our own save files on the same device. I understand the game just launched on iOS(iPad), but it's a bummer that it doesn't have multiple save profiles. At the moment I'm letting my niece play it with her own save file. I feel left out, but since she's a child who's completely in love with Sproggiwood, as the adult I don't want to take the enjoyment of the game away from her. I'm letting her keep her save, and I guess I just have to wait for now. It would be awesome and very convenient if we could both have our own save profiles and not have to worry about deleting/replacing each other's data/save. That way I could start enjoying the game as well. Will you guys be adding multiple save profiles for iPad or will it stay the way it is?
    It's currently one profile. When I add cloud saves, I should also be adding support for at least a few profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Unormal View Post
    It's currently one profile. When I add cloud saves, I should also be adding support for at least a few profiles.
    Awesome, thanks for the answer.

On another note, I can't help but notice how close together the "continue" and "new game" options are. Gotta be extra careful not to carelessly select the wrong option.

Quote Originally Posted by GGodHand View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the answer.

On another note, I can't help but notice how close together the "continue" and "new game" options are. Gotta be extra careful not to carelessly select the wrong option.
    True, though if you hit new game you still have to also select a difficulty, and it doesn't start a new game till you make that selection, so it's not an instant wipe if you happen to fat-finger the first choice.