Thread: Transferring registration to Steam?

Unhappy Transferring registration to Steam?

I bought the registration long ago, but I don't know how to carry that over to Steam. How can I get Steam to recognize that I bought the game already?

Normally it would be "+ Add a Game" in the bottom left of the Steam window followed by "Activate a Product on Steam" and entering the Product Code when prompted but you may have lo look a t "Add a non-Steam Game" instead. That parses the list of installed games on your PC, you pick one, Steam checks that it is recognised and licensed and then hopefully unlocks the Steam version in your Library for you.

Is this something you've actually had working or are you just guessing?

I bought the Steam version myself but I do know that Steam allows you to register non-Steam games where there is a Steam version available. I did this with couple of games where I bought a retail copy and then registered it to Steam. I thought it might help Sir Scarfalot knowing how Steam facilitated this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
    I bought the Steam version myself but I do know that Steam allows you to register non-Steam games where there is a Steam version available. I did this with couple of games where I bought a retail copy and then registered it to Steam. I thought it might help Sir Scarfalot knowing how Steam facilitated this.
    I'd not heard of that method so I tried it myself but so far all I have is just the link to the old version of the game. I was hoping you'd seen it work so I could ask you if I did something wrong!

This won't work to unlock the full game. Send me an e-mail with your prior registration and I can get it sorted with you.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Unormal View Post
    This won't work to unlock the full game. Send me an e-mail with your prior registration and I can get it sorted with you.
    Can confirm, and I've literally never had better service from a game developer