Thread: Linux build?

Linux build?

Unormal - I see from the 29/08 update notes that there is a comment "*Fixed an issue with the Linux x86 build image".

The last thing on the forum was a comment in January about an internal Linux test. Do you have any further news about the status of that test for us?

The reason I ask is that I have just migrated from Windows 10 to Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon and the only things left on my Windows drive are Photoshop CS6 and my Steam library. I am examining my Steam library for any games that have a Linux version and wondered if CoQ would be joining that OS in the forseable?

CoQ from Steam works on Linux and OSX just fine!

Oh, is it the SteamPlay version I should select?

EDIT : I just looked and only see the Windows and OSX logos - no penguin. This was why I thought it was non-linux. As I look lower I do see the SteamOS tab in System Requirements. I have no idea which version to DL from Steam.

EDIT2 : All sorted. I installed Steam for Linux, updated the latest client and saw my Library. I clicked CoQ and it installed perfectly. I do have some issues with game config and the UI to do with selecting screen resolution but I will have a look at those tomorrow.
    Last edited by DanielCoffey; 09-06-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Where are the Character Save files stored in the Linux build please?

Look in the unity player log: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

It will have a 'save path:' entry near the top, which will tell you where the game is storing your player files.

I'm pretty sure it's: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Freehold Games/Caves of Qud

Aha - there we go. Thanks. I would never have found it in there.