Thread: Problem with Android version

Problem with Android version

I've enjoyed the first few dungeons quite a lot, but am now having a problem. I am playing the Android version on a phone. My issue is that my play sessions are very short with long gaps (many minutes to hours) in between, and that the game often quits and restarts in between sessions. This makes me have to keep restarting the same dungeon each time I play, which is not all that fun. This happens even when the phone is plugged in. Is this the intended behavior? Maybe a problem with my particular phone? Or perhaps I can configure Android so that it will keep the game running? Any suggestions appreciated!

Sounds like Android is just deciding to dump it to save memory. The easiest thing to do is probably just to close some of your running apps/services, which Android is deciding take preference. Android doesn't have an easy way to "pin" an application into memory, unfortunately.

Ah, so sad. This is also the direction my own researches were heading. I wasn't running anything optional, so I guess I'm out of luck until I have a more beefy phone. It's funny. I did check the memory usage on the device, and it didn't seem precariously full to me. But then, I have no idea what Android is trying to do when I'm not looking at the screen. Anyhow, thank you for a quick response.

My most desired feature for Sproggiwood 2: a dungeon level save system, so I can save my progress inside a dungeon! Even a poor man's version (regenerate and restart the current level) would be an improvement for me, though it might make your designer cringe.

Yeah, certainly will make sure it happens for the next phone game. This was just literally both my first smartphone and my first Unity app, so I was double-noob at the time. The architecture just wasn't written with some of the stuff I needed in mind. Next game will suck less!