Thread: Random name options

Random name options

Every time I die, I find myself repeatedly creating a new character, looking at my name, and restarting if I don't like the name. It'd be nice if I could choose an option for whether I wanted a short/normalish name or a long/hilarious name.

You can type in your own names...

Yeah, but my names aren't as good as the short random names.

I think it would be easier if the random name wasn't "Press enter for random" and get right into the game and instead, as it usually is, a random button that showed the name so you could decide to go with it or not.

Personally, I try to chose names that look cool, like Cold Shot for a gunsinger with freezing hands, or Mesmero for a beguilling mesmerizer. But the random names are trully cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Onishiroi View Post
    I think it would be easier if the random name wasn't "Press enter for random" and get right into the game and instead, as it usually is, a random button that showed the name so you could decide to go with it or not.
    I'm for it.

I'm personally not irked by this interface at all, but of course it could be a bit more polished. One way to do it would be to generate a new random name if the player presses Tab or the up key or something. This way, you could just scroll through until you got a name to your liking. I like the new name generator, by the way, though I still get the odd name with a triple vowel or something like that.

As always,
    Minotauros