02-25-2017, 01:09 AM
*[modding] Merged blueprint changes will now propagate changes to children
02-25-2017, 01:05 PM
*Fixed dynmically mixed liquid volumes not having the proper vapor temperatures
*Fixed a stack overflow error when containers disintegrated on the ground from contained fluids
*Fixed some missing tiles
03-03-2017, 03:11 PM
- We added a new drag-and-drop prerelease inventory screen for the new UI. It's available via the "Prerelease: Use overlay inventory screen." option under overlay UI options. It's work in progress and has some bugs. Feedback is welcome!
- Equipment is manageable via a drag-and-drop procedurally generated paper doll based on your character's body
- Left click to bring up the item's interaction window
- Right click to view an item's tooltip
- Filter buttons along the top allow you to quickly filter to specific categories
- Updated the stilt well picker dialog
- Updated the pour choices dialog
- Fixed several issues with screens under the current popup acquiring input or navigation selection
- Fixed the AI trying to force prison a target and then shoot it with light manipulation
- Fixed Enuch's character creation skill list
- Fixed some stair placement issues in bethesda susa
- Fixed an issue where phase webs would sometimes leave you permanently phased if you saved while you were stuck in them
- Fixed some historic-style areas not having proper tile surface paint
- Fixed an issue with move-speed adjusting equipment not properly applying bonuses
- Fixed an issue with call to arms that wasn't properly respawning Q Girl in the correct circumstances.
- Fixed dynmically mixed liquid volumes not having the proper vapor temperatures
- Fixed a stack overflow error when containers disintegrated on the ground from contained fluids
- [modding] Merged blueprint changes will now propagate changes to children
03-10-2017, 07:56 PM
- We made a bunch of enhancements to the paper doll equipment screen. It's still flagged as prerelease content, but you can enable it here: Options > Overlay UI > Prerelease: Use over inventory screen.
- The new overlay inventory is now also used for item pickup and container manipulation.
- Item filters now entirely hide the filtered categories.
- Item filter buttons now properly respond to the 'use' key.
- You can page up and down now.
- You can use + and - to open and close item categories.
- Items are now properly sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed several filter icons in the inventory list.
- Fixed some issues with scrolling through the inventory list or the paper doll.
- Updated the look and behavior of many graphical elements.
- Item selection is now properly restored when the screen refreshes.
- If the overlay UI and inventory are enabled, the original equipment screen doesn't appear when you tab through your character screens.
- Added tiles for several pieces of natural equipment.
- burrowing claws
- flaming and freezing hands
- Added a tile for mechanical wings.
- Updated torch tiles.
- Sultans now occasionally fake their own deaths or have their deaths wrongly reported.
- Added some sultan events involving chariot accidents.
- Improved the grammar of sultan history snippets.
- Fixed some cases where looking at a painted or engraved item didn't reveal the proper historic site or give the right quest.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the secrets about the location of the Ruin of House Isner not to appear in procedurally-generated books. The secrets are back in!
- Added a new textbook to the corpus of text that the procedurally-generated books draw from.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to occasionally become a member of the Beasts faction, resulting in neutral NPCs acting hostile toward you.
- Added new options to the main Options screen.
- Display vignette
- Display scanlines
- Brightness level
- Contrast level
- [debug] Added a wish to clear the player's faction membership: "clearfactionmembership". You can use this wish to fix the hostile NPC bug in older saves.
- [modding] The look cursor is now more compatible with full-color tiles.
- [modding] Display.txt is now moddable. You only need to include the text you want to override in Display.txt. For example, here's the full text of a mod that disables the vignette:
- [modding] Display.txt now supports a "tiles" category with "width" and "height" variables. You can use it to reskin the game with an alternate tile aspect ratio.
03-17-2017, 04:51 PM
- We added a new input manager that supports gamepads out of the box. It's still prerelease content; we'll be expanding support and tweaking the default bindings in the coming weeks.
- Added a new options menu: Controls. You can access key bindings and enable the new input manager from this menu.
- The default movement mapping is: left stick to point in a direction + right trigger to move. You can also hold down right trigger and point the left stick around to move quickly.
- You can also rebind to direct movement. If you do, the Move North/South/East/West commands tilt 45 degrees right when you hold the Alt button (left trigger by default). So, to move NE, you hold left trigger and move north.
- These are the current default mappings on an Xbox controller.
- left stick + right trigger: move
- A: interact
- B: get
- X: ability menu
- Y: walk (move in a direction until you hit a wall)
- left bumper: wait a turn
- right bumper: fire missile weapon
- dpad up: go up stairs or to the worldmap
- dpad down: go down stairs or to the local map
- right stick: look
- click right stick: reload missile weapon
- select: menu
- start: inventory
- left trigger + B: get nearby
- left trigger + Y: autoexplore
- left trigger + left bumper: rest until healed
- left trigger + right bumper: throw
- Added, changed, or tweak tiles for the following objects.
- pocketed vest
- black, ash-stained, and cloth robes
- woven and vine-weave tunics
- wool kilt
- crude and filthy toga
- bark armor
- ring mail
- basic toolkit
- stun rod
- box of crayons
- Joppa and Grit Gate recoilers
- iron mace
- albino monkey braid
- Glass bottles now visually respect the liquids they hold. They appear empty when they're empty; otherwise they show the color of the liquid they contain.
- Updated the slimy shaft tile.
- Added options for fullscreen mode and target framerate (Options > General).
- Improved the navigability of the overlay options.
- Fixed books and artifact stories not working when accessed from the new inventory screen.
- Fixed monsters being able to melee attack you through floors if they were directly above or below.
- Fixed very excessive memory use when browsing the contents of a container that contains many items, particularly liquid volumes.
- Fixed an exception on the Quests screen.
- Fixed several cases of excessive garbage generation.
- Removed some baseobjects (basefloat, tool) from dynamic encounters.
03-18-2017, 08:28 PM
*Fixed a scripting mod compilation error
03-24-2017, 06:31 PM
- We added... well, just read below.
- Added a new high-tech item, nano-neuro animator, that makes a nearby wall or door sentient (it'll support more inanimate objects soon).
- Added a cheaper, consumable competitor for the nano-neuro animator: Spray-a-Brain.
- Added body types and body parts for animated walls and doors.
- Added a faction: newly sentient beings.
- There's now a very small chance that any given wall or door is sentient.
- Updated compass bracelet's tile.
- Made some enhancements to the new input manager.
- Rebinds are now be properly saved between sessions.
- Improved the 8-way directional sensitivity.
- D-pad left and right now scroll through your activated abilities.
- While scrolling through abilities, 'X' activates the selected ability. Left trigger + 'X' enters the ability screen.
- Next page and previous page bindings now work properly.
- Menu navigation directions now repeat when held.
- You can now navigate to the "buy a new mutation" option on the character screen.
- Holding the Alt button while moving now force attacks in that direction.
- There are now force attack action bindings.
- Added key repeat delay and rate sliders to the Controls options menu.
- Trade bindings now work properly.
- Fixed canceling causing double input on several screens.
- Fixed the pick direction screen not accepting diagonal inputs.
- Removed unused 12-gauge shotgun ammo.
- Salt dunes tiles now properly animate.
- Fixed some memory use issues on the high score screen.
- Fixed some rare exceptions in the following parts: AnimatedMaterialSaltDunes, AIPilgrim, Daylight, LiquidVolume, Juke.
- Fixed a rare exception with rendering effects.
- Fixed cases where the overlay UI stopped responding when you exited to the main menu.
- Fixed the mouse wheel not working on the keybind screen.
- Fixed controls in the new inventory screen sometimes incorrectly appearing disabled.
- Fixed a spurious serialization error.
- Fixed a scripting mod compilation error.
03-25-2017, 02:03 AM
*Fixed doors not properly being brain sprayable
*Fixed the inventory screen sometimes appearing on top of the new user interface
*Fixed the please wait text not appearing
03-31-2017, 09:30 PM
- You can now use nano neuro animators or cans of Spray-a-Brain to make tables sentient.
- There's now a very small chance any given table is sentient.
- You can now dominate sentient walls, doors, and tables.
- Fixed a bug that caused you to be unable to spray brains onto doors.
- Added a new book: From Entropy to Hierarchy by Q Girl.
- We replaced the old container storage UI with a much better variant of the trade UI.
- Additional trade actions are now grouped under a submenu of the trade screen.
- Open shafts drop you directly on top of a wall less often.
- Fixed the reload keymind in the new input manager.
- Added an option to globally enable or disable mod support.
- Fixed the message log and status bar options not working properly without the overlay UI fully enabled.
- Fixed option drop-down menus not rendering properly and increased their size.
- Vendors no longer repair or recharge items when you don't have enough water to pay for the service.
- Fixed some issues with double inputs when escaping screens.
- Fixed a rare exception with generic ammo.
- Fixed the inventory screen sometimes appearing on top of the new UI.
- Fixed loading text not appearing when it should.
- Fixed some typos.
- We're also working on a journaling system and expansion to the Water Ritual. Stay tuned!
03-31-2017, 10:25 PM
*Fixed an issue with auto-drink not automatically drinking